When Steve reads this he is going to laugh because he has heard so much of me and my house buying talk. I just wanted to tell everyone how our house hunting in Houston is going because I am soooo excited. Things are crazy down there. The housing market looks great, but looks are deceiving. You can buy an amazing home for around 150-200 thousand, so when we first looked we were so excited. We researched it a little more and found out that the property taxes down there are horrible so our house payment with escrow and mortgage insurance would be way to high for a home that price. We are now looking at homes a little cheaper and a little smaller. I am OK with that, this will be our first house and I am up for a little remodeling. Here are some pics of what we have to work with.
This one is my favorite from the outside. It is also the largest of all the ones we are looking at. It has an up stairs and none of the others do.
This one is my favorite on the inside it is totally remodeled on the inside. Those windows in the living room are amazing. The other pics also show large windows through out the house.
This one doesn't look like much from the outside, but I really like the inside it has been remodeled through out as well. I like this one all around the most because it has large open rooms with lots of light.
Most of the houses we are looking at were built in the 80's.
Wow what were people thinking. Wall paper and ceiling fans. GAG. In Texas fans are probably practical, I still hate them!
Thursday, March 20, 2008
House hunting in Houston
Posted by The Merkleys at 7:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
That picture is way funny. The houses look neat. How exciting for you! Good luck with the hunt!
It is so excited that you guys are looking for a house. Good luck, house hunting is stressful, but exciting.
wow I can't imagine house hunting from a different state. Good luck I love looking at houses.
You will love Texas. You will have to learn to get Texas pride if you live there. Its a requirement. :) Todd has been trying to get me to move there forever. I would love to cause all of our friends are there. I wish I would have known, we have tons of Real Estate friends that could have helped you out. Why are you moving there? Let me know how the search goes? Exactly what areas are you looking in?
love the inside of that house! beautiful and love all the light!
Post a Comment