This is the post I started 2 months ago that never got posted! I want to blog.....I do, but I am horrible at organizing my time! I have also been a little busy; right as Steve got home I got called as the Young Womens president in our ward, school is out for the summer, and Steve's job is a little in jeopardy. I am sure there will be more to blog about on all that later. I just wanted to get some pics up of our family since Steve has been home, it has been wonderful by the way. We have obviously had to make a few adjustments. Steve was used to giving orders for a year in Iraq and I was used to giving order at home for that year so we had a little contention here and there. Things are getting better and I feel like our marriage is as strong as ever and we appreciate each other more as well.
Any way here is my two month old ramblings;
Steve has been home now for 7 days! We were able to make the 4 hour trip through the Blue Bonnet fields of Texas to Ft. Hood to pick up Steve. It was not the typical military homecoming with lots of people and flags everywhere. Steve still belongs to the Wyoming National Guard so all the other guys flew home to Wyoming while I picked Steve up at the Killeen, (town outside Ft. Hood) airport where he rented a car. It was just him, me and the girls. Lauryn was so excited she started to cry! Autam was just ex-tactic! I thought "he is better looking than I remember!".
We stayed in Killeen for two nights where we just hung out in the hotel, watched Sponge Bob with Dad and went swimming. Poor Steve was not feeling well the first day we spent with him, it passed fast and then we were able to spend a few hours on Ft Hood observing memorials and where the infamous shooting took place. The building is still closed and under criminal investigation.
We came home to a yard full of "welcome homes",some of the members in our ward put signs up all over. My favorite one was made by a small boy, I am not sure who but it had helicopters all over it...so cute! We are so blessed to have good friends and so much support so far from home.
We were so lucky to have Steve home just in time for Easter!
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Welcome Home Steve!
Posted by The Merkleys at 8:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I'm so glad that Steve was home for Easter and that you all together again!! That's so exciting!
I am so glad you guys posted this! I am glad that he is home, and your little family is back together again! Hope all is well, we miss you guys.
Love the picture!! You have a beautiful family! I hope everything goes well with your husbands job!!
Glad you posted this! Can't wait to read more about your new calling and everything going on!
Post a Comment