Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve 2011

I feel so blessed today and do not want to let the day go by without putting down how I feel.
Since the day Steve and I were married we have been so blessed by our Heavenly Father. When Christmas time rolls around is when I feel this the most. We always have the best time lounging around the house on special days like this. It started out a little rough; we were all up at 7am. We never get to sleep in around here, it is something we, I mean, I have gotten used to. I needed to go to the grocery store but wanted to beat the rush so it was a good thing I was up so early. Lauryn and I made it to the store where I dropped 70 dollars for 4 bags of grocery's!! This was the first moment of the day that I felt blessed. We have always had more that enough nutritional food around our house.
After the store Steve took Autam to the Mall to do some last minute shopping, where, Autam told me, "He was loosing patients". Go figure....After that I let Steve take a nap and the girls and I made gingerbread dough and then sat at the table reading and talking. I like days like this because I try to make a point of having the house some what clean so that we can just sit around and enjoy each other.
When Steve woke up I spent the rest of the afternoon preparing our Christmas eve dinner. It was simple and delicious. After dinner we checked to see where Santa was and then had our Christmas Eve lesson. We did a little something different this year; we gave a gift to Jesus. We wrote down on little pieces of paper what it is we could give Jesus this year and then put them in a box, wrapped it, and set it on the mantel. This box is supposed to be visible all year long to remind us of the gift that we are giving all year. I am hoping it is a tradition that will stick.
The girls then got to open there Christmas pj's from their Uncle Mike and Aunt Amanda. They could not have been more happy, Autam got Hannah Montana and Lauryn got princess ones. We watched a little of the movie The Santa Clause and then put them to bed. Steve is a little sick and went to bed when the girls did so now it is just me up who gets to stay up and play Santa! This night is also a first for us all; it is raining here and we have heard thunder all night!
We had the most simple, ordinary day but it was as perfect as could be.....

0 comments: