Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Lauryn!

Today is little Lauryn's 1st birthday. She is so much fun to have around, always making us laugh. She has always been such a good baby. She is walking so well, and says "hi" and "baby". One of her favorite things to do is stare at herself in the mirror. We can't imagine life without her!
We had a little family party tonight. Pretty typical; pizza, presents, cake, and ice cream. Of course we let her have her own piece of cake, that is always fun! She really didn't like the cake. Autam kept saying "this is a special day uh mom?" She really loves her baby sissy.
We did do some fun things this past week. Autam had some friends come over, which is fun for her and me. I am able to do things I want to do for a little while. Tuesday Steve and I went to a Military reception. We got all dressed up to stand around for 2 hours and eat chicken wings and jalapeno poppers! That's the ARMY for ya! It was still kinda fun to dress up. I didn't bring any fancy dresses here so I just had to go buy one, which I must say is difficult when you are trying to stay modest.
On Friday Steve and I went to dinner and then to Indiana Jones. We are total fans. It was pretty good a little far fetched, but aren't they all.
My phelabotomy class starts tomarrow. For those of you who don't now what it is; it is the study of blood. I will learn how to draw blood so I can work in a lab. When appling for nursing programs this program will give me more "points" towards getting accepted. I am excited but a little scared.

6 comments:

Briana said...

Happy 1st Birthday Lauryn! You look gorgeous by the way. I love the new dress.

Tari said...

You two look so good together.
We just went to Indiana Jones last night. It was super fun, Austin loved it. And Happy Birthday Lauryn!

Carrie said...

I can't believe it has been a year since Lauryn was born. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I love the picture of you and Steve. Did you get your hair cut?

Mike Alexis & Grayson said...

Happy Birthday Lauryn! It seems like she was just born. I really like the picture of you and Steve. It is nice to get dressed up isn't it?, it makes ya feel good. Oh, and I really like your new blog background!

Josh and Kristen said...

You look really pretty... and happy birthday to Lauryn.

wyomingerica said...

Happy birthday Lauryn, sounds like you are having fun adventures