We were in Vernal all summer, but as the holiday got closer and closer I started feeling sorry for myself. I knew if I didn't go to Vernal and be with my family that Thanksgiving would be a hard day. Steve and I made the decision that we should go. I love my Husband. Due to the damage this would do to our pocket book I reluctantly looked for plane tickets. I was not to worried about Autam missing a little school so we actually got a pretty good deal! The kids here got the whole week of the holiday off so we left the Thursday before Thanksgiving and came home the Tuesday after. I was a really nice visit. Autam and Lauryn would have been so board here at home for that long. There is not a lot of stuff to do at my moms but there are cousins!!
My mom is very traditional at Thanksgiving...we always have the same things. But it is always good! After the holiday we went to the mountain to get a Christmas tree for my parents and my sister, Leah, and her husband, Mark. It was fun but we were bummed there was not enough snow for much snowmobiling.
Leah and I had fun making those trendy watches that you only see in Utah. The ones that are interchangeable with beaded bands. I also had a chance to go see New Moon with Leah and my good old buddies Alexis and Tari!
The visit helped break up Steve's deployment a little more. 19 days and he will be home for Christmas for 15 days!! Then only 3 more months to go. I miss him so much. More and more everyday.
La La and I
My Mom, me, Autam, and Carter boy
Who says you need snow!
6 years ago



4 comments:
Sounds like a good trip home. I am glad you were able to be with family for Thanksgiving. I am so glad that Steve will be able to be with you guys for Christmas...I am sure it will be nice to have him home for a little bit.
So fun that you got to go home. We didn't go home, and you are right, it was hard. That is great that Steve will be home for a little while at Christmas. Tell him hello!
You are doing such a great job. Thanks for supporting our country, tell Steve Hi, and thanks also. I;m excited for you to get to be a family for Christmas!
Looks like so much fun! I can't wait for him to be home for good for you....you are so strong and I think about you often. We need to get together next time you are in Vernal. I would love to see you!
Post a Comment