Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Christmas 2009

I was able to get most of my Christmas decorations down when I wanted but it was not until today that I had time to take down the lights out side. It has been so cold here. The lows hav been in the 20's. Yesterday it was up to 60 and I think today will be as warm. I am hoping that winter is over in Houston!

We had a wonderful Christmas. Steve was able to take his R&R, he got here Christmas eve at about 2 in the afternoon. He stayed until the 8th of January! We did not do much, but it is fun to take a vacation at home. Autam was out of school most of the time too. We got a few things fixed, and hung curtins. We have lived in this house for over a year now and I am just getting curtins hung! Other than that we pretty much just hung around the house and played and ate good food. Steve and I did get a chance to go to dinner twice by ourselves. It was a lot of fun having him home for a little while. The girls adjusted well to him leaving. Only a little less that 3 months to go.

The girls got some fun stuff this year; babies for Lauryn and a guitar for Autam. Steve and I did not get each other anything and it was great! I hate the stress of thinking of what to get him every year. We made a new tradition a few years ago to not get each other anything. After Christmas, when everything goes on sale, we make a date of it and go shopping for each other together. This year we kind of got things the family needed instead of personal gifts. I got a new kitchen table with 8 chairs! I am so excited to have people over and they won't even have to sit on camping chairs to eat! I liked our old one, it was just to small with only 4 chairs. Steve got new furniture. We have 2 living areas in this house but only one set of couches. We took our old stuff upstairs by the TV and got new for the downstairs. No more watching TV on the floor!

1 comments:

Carrie said...

Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas. I am so glad you guys got to spend sime time with Steve. It will be so nice when he is back for good.