Monday, March 1, 2010

A Hard Winter

So I guess Houston is having "A Hard Winter". Our electric and gas bills were double what they were last year for the months of December and January. I wear a sweatshirt all day around the house and I sleep with my robe on! Some of it could have to do with how energy inefficient our house is. Sometimes at night I have to shower in order to get warm so I can go to sleep. Humid cold is so much different than dry cold. You can at least warm up when you are dry. I am so ready for the heat this summer. This will be our first full summer in Houston. We moved here at the end of the summer 2008 and were in Utah for summer 2009. Steve will have no problem dealing with 100 degree weather after he has had to deal with 120 degrees in Iraq. As cold as I have been over the course of the last 2 months I am getting real excited for 100degrees!

4 comments:

lauramarie said...

you are completely crazy! :) humid heat is even worse!!!

The Thorn Family said...

i agree... i take a "heat soak" bath almost every night to warm up. lol! i'm sure when the summer heat rolls in we'll all be dying too! gotta love Texas!!!!

Sarah said...

I'm sorry you are so cold! I have almost enjoyed feeling cold these days. I have had ENOUGH of Texas summers!

Briana said...

That sounds miserable....I am sorry! I just moved back to Vernal and I am freezing all the time here compared to AZ ;)