Steve and I are so lame when it comes to planning a "date night". Some couples have it scheduled on their calendar every week, two weeks, or whatever. I guess we are just horrible planners! With that being said, we finally had a chance to go out the other night to a movie. We went to RED. It was a pretty good action movie, with a pg-13 rating. But they did get in their one F-word in that they are allowed to use (I hate that).
We got a babysitter and instructed her to have the girls in bed by 9. This is a new thing at our house, we used to just let our kids stay up as late as they wanted when we had a sitter. It is like we felt guilty or something if we were not home to put them to bed. Lauryn would have no problem with this as she did not have a nap so I knew she would crash as soon as she laid down. Autam on the other hand, I was worried about. She is the one who still thinks she gets to stay up till we get home. We had to give her a choice; If she was not at least in bed with her teeth brushed and jammies on when we got home there would be no pumpkin patch next week. So we gave goodbyes and headed out the door, not before Lauryn could race up and say "Mommy I won't cut my hair this time." Yes, a few months ago while a good friend of mine was watching the girls, Lauryn found some scissors and cut her hair!
After the movie we came home to this!
Autam was not just in bed but asleep. I am seeing more date nights in our future, at least until the baby gets here!
6 years ago



3 comments:
SO so cute! I'm a sucker for sleeping pictures.
Ahh - you're pregnant??!!! Congrats - that's so exciting. When are you due? Boy or girl, or do you know yet? Or are you going to find out? This is so exciting Ashley. Congrats again!
wonder if i'm ever going to live that one down?! ;) guess we were pulled of babysitting duty. :p glad you
guys had a nice date night. you totally deserve it!!!!
Post a Comment