Monday, July 16, 2012

Lauryn turns 5!

Only about 3-4 posts down Lauryn turned 4! That is just how this blogger rolls. Anyway she is all about La La Loopsy dolls this year and wanted a La La Loopsy cake. Being an el cheapo I never buy cakes they look pretty but taste like crap. I usually make them; even if they do not turn out professional looking at least they taste good. I just used round cake pans of different sizes, staked them on top of each other, frosted it and walaa! (I know that is not how you spell that word). The buttons were the fun part they are Starburst candies that I softened in the microwave for about 5-10 seconds. After they are softened you can roll them out with a rolling pin, flatten them with the bottom of a cup or be lazy like me and just use your hand. After you have "Starburst dough" you will need a Wilton #1 cake decorating tip (The one with the smallest hole as the tip). Use the bottom end of the tip to cut out your button shape and use the tip to form your 4 button holes. The party was a huge success! Happy birthday Lauryn!

1 comments:

Maggie said...

Wow! I remember when she was born. It doesn't seem that long ago. Miss you guys!