Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Alone in Oklahoma

Steve is out pretending to be at war in the hot sun this week so the girls and I are alone until Friday. I hope Steve is not dying of a heat stroke! This exercise in the field is the last thing he has to do in order to graduate the basic officers leadership coarse. This Tuesday is a little ceremony, and then we hit the road. Never to look back...oh did that just come out! I am not in love with this place that's all. The 2 good things about living here; excellent air conditioning and $300 a month to stay here.
I am a little stressed, because we are trying to buy a house, about into the option period with inspections and final approval of the loan but I am doing it all myself. Steve was not supposed to even take his cell phone. He did anyway and did get permission to talk to me when he goes to the bathroom! Theres the ARMY for you again. Some of the stress ended today when we found out that the loan is good to go with minor conditions. I am excited but still trying to stay calm in case for some reason we don't get the house.
We are staying inside mostly except for going to the pool, we went on Monday and again today. That is all you can do here in the middle of the day when it is 104degrees with humidity. All the pool going is giving me a nice tan though! Inside, I am addicted to HGTV. The house we are buying was built in 1978, and needs a little work. The seller has done alot to it, but I will have a pretty big honey-do list for Steve. I consider us pretty handy people. I can't wait to start ripping out old tile, painting, and laying flooring! I will post the pics of the house, any ideas you might have for it let me know. The green carpet and the vinyl in the kitchen will be the first things to go!




I

3 comments:

Briana said...

I am so excited for you! I love fixing up homes like that. You will definately have to post pictures. I am a little jealous you are moving to Texas, (but don't tell my husband I said that) He has been trying to get me there for years and I have refused, but all of my friends are moving there and the people are very friendly there. We will have to come visit sometime. I really am so excited for you!

Mike Alexis & Grayson said...

I love the house! I know pictures can be diceiving but it doesn't look like there is a whole lot to do. I like the big yard and all the windows. I'm sure it will be nice to finally settle down in one place! How long do you think you will be in Texas?

Carrie said...

Congratualtions of everything to come. I just got done helping a friend paint her house that she bought, and let me tell you, that was a lot of work. I was so glad that I was just there to help. Good luck with the move.