Well what can I say it has been almost a month since I have posted! We moved into the house and for some reason we decided to wait to hook up the net (what was I thinking). So about after a week I had had enough so I called AT&T. They came out pretty quick but the phone line in the back yard had been cut so we needed a repair man to come out. Then Ike the hurricane stopped by for a visit! So that put the hole entire 4 million people of the greater Houston at a stand still for about a week. No one went to work, nothing was open, and people prayed that the power would return soon. We left and went to a small town 180 miles north of here and didn't come home until 4 days after Ike left. We were one of the blessed, who never lost power. Our yard was a mess. We have a huge tree in our front yard, it is like the biggest one in the neighborhood and it took a real beating. Our neighbor behind us has a big tree too and it pretty much just exploded in our back yard. We had some freinds who came and helped us clean it up, but we are still raking leaves! I like trees but the leave raking stinks. Anyway after a few lengthy phone calls to AT&T and waiting I am now connected to the world. Steve and I hav never paid for cabel TV and I been ok with that but I cannot live without the www!!
So much has gone on I don't no where to start. We have been really busy, buying and old house from a dishonest seller and a joke for an inspector is quite an under taking. We had to replace the air conditioner and do a major work over on the dishwasher that were, according to the sellers disclosure and the inspection report, in working order. Along with small little jobs here and there we have not had alot of extra time.
The girls are doing good. Autam started pre-school right up the street from our house, so we can walk there. I am liking that, I need all the exercise I can get. She is so smart. I wish she could have gone to Kindergarden this year but missed the deadline by 14 days. Lauryn is saying so many words; baby, hi, moon, noodles, and of corse mine.
I am just trying to get into the swing of things. Our house is pretty much in order and now I am trying to decorate it on a budget. I love it more and more everyday. Hopefully in a year or so we will have all the fix-er-up jobs done.
6 years ago



2 comments:
It was good to see a post from you. I have been wondering how you guys are doing. It sounds like you guys are super busy. Sorry about the house problems, but it is so wonderful you have a house to call your own.
Hey! I'm so glad you found our blog. Feel free to check on us anytime. I had no idea you guys were in Texas! Sounds like things are coming together though!
Post a Comment