Our House...what can I say. It was built in 1978 so as you can guess we bought some of the problems that come with an older home. I have so many ideas for things I want to do to the house but I am trying to take it one step at a time. Well the other day I was at Lowes buying some eye hooks for these cute ornaments I made for our ward Christmas party and decided I was going to buy paint for the kitchen. I have been hanging on to this paint swatch in my purse forever because I liked the color so much. I was originally going to paint our bedroom this color but know that it is in the kitchen I am glad I didn't. It looks so much better in a kitchen. I got most of it done in one afternoon while Lauryn was sleeping, but now I just have to finish up. Next we have the issue of our popcorn walls. I guess here it is normal to spray that nasty popcorn texture not just on your ceiling but on the walls as well. I thought that was the case in just older homes but not true, our friends are renting a newer home and it is all over in there house too. It is especially bad in our master bathroom so I have started to scraped it all off. My plan is to re-texture with something normal and paint. I think around the holidays was the wrong time for me to do projects around the house because they are only half done! Like the pic of the kitchen here.
Before
After, the scraping. I hope to finish the bathroom over Christmas when Steve has quite a few days off so he can help. We will see!
6 years ago



1 comments:
It seems like when you grow up that is all that you do, is work. No matter how much work you do to a home there is always something that needs to be done!
Post a Comment