Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas 2008

Christmas was so much fun this year at our house! Steve and I have never stayed home for Christmas so this year we decided it was time to make some traditions of our own. Steve worked a short week before the holiday so we had some time to get things organized and ready before the big day came. Christmas eve morning was spent at the mall for me. We had ordered one of Autam's Santa presents online and it didn't show up so I ran there first thing to see if I could pick it up, luckily Journeys Kids still had a pair of pink and brown Heeleys in Autam size. The rest of the day was spent cooking for dinner. After starting the cooking I realized we were missing a few thing for breakfast in the morning so I ran to the grocery store. On the way out I noticed a brown box had been delivered to our house. Great, two pairs of brown and pink Heeleys! Good thing I have the receipt.
We had ham, potatoes, homemade creamed corn (much better than the canned!), my sis-in-laws yummy stuffin' muffins, and for dessert, Santa cookies of course. We decorated the cookies and put he kids to bed. Autam was sure that Santa would not come if she didn't fall asleep fast so she was out quickly. I was shocked it was so fast. Christmas morning I wasthe first one up. Autam had ended up in bed with us, without even peeking at the tree to see if Santa had come! Her and Lauryn were not as excited as I had hoped. They took unwrapping a little slow. Steve and I did not get each other presents this year so we had lots of fun watching the girl's faces! We did get one present for both of us; a new camera to replace the old one in a million pieces. Luck would have it that I erased all the Christmas pics on it while I was trying to figure it out! I did get some on the video camera though. After presents we had the best breakfast; Belgian waffels, bacon and OJ. We took the rest of the day slow, just enjoying being with each other!

Autam and Lauryn in their Christmas dresses.

Christmas flowers Steve sent me.

Lauryn's "beep beep"

Autam's Heeleys.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun Christmas. One of these days we are going to stay home, and do things our way. THis year was too hectic for me.

Anonymous said...

the girls are looking so BIG and CUTE!!! and it is so much fun staying home! I love it!

Briana said...

Sounds like my kind of Christmas.....simple but so nice. Glad you had such a great time although I am so sad you erased all your pictures! I always come to Vernal in the summer (I have to so that I keep sane here) when I come we will go for an icee and not hot chocolate ;)