Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My hubby!!


This post is dedicated to my wonderful husband, Steve. I just want him to know how much I love him. Steve is a great dad too! Autam and Lauryn are so blessed to have a father like him. He treats us all with respect and love.
As some of you may know Steve is a 2ND LT in the Wyoming National Guard...well his brigade has accepted a security mission at a Forward Operating Base in Iraq. We have known for a while that this was coming but did not have an exact date until November. April 15 Steve will leave us for a year to serve our country. We have been married for going on 7 years now. He is a part of me so much so that I really have no idea what things are going to be like without him. This Christmas is bitter sweet for me, knowing that the next one along with a lot of other special days will be
spent without him. I LOVE you Steve. This pic was the only one I could find of him in his old uniform...which is now blue and not green.


Steve and I are sad to be apart but we understand what, I think, truly few do:

"We make war that we may live in peace" Aristotle

This post is also dedicated to those soldiers who will be without their family's this Christmas season.

7 comments:

Briana said...

Ashlie.....I don't know what to say. I am so proud of you for being strong and so proud of your husband for his willingness and sacrifice to fight for our freedom. It is shows such a selfless act. Will you move back to Utah or stay in Wyoming? Todd wasn't in Iraq but we were still separated (nothing like this) but I will say I was glad I had family close by. I lived in Provo, but at least I knew it was just a few hours away. I love ya to death and if you ever need to talk, or need a vacation, I am here :)Thanks Steve for your sacrifices!!

Carrie said...

My heart goes out to you...even though you knew this was coming I am sure that doesn't make it any easier. Having small children, and having your other half gone is hard at times. Justin and I were apart for 4 months and it was hard knowing that he was missing out on so much of the girls lives. He wasn't there when Scout started walking, and that was hard on both of us. You are such a strong person, and I am sure that you will have lots of love and support while he is away. We will be thinking of you guys often:)

James and Jade Bethers said...

Wow! I don't know what to say other than THANK YOU! You guys are so strong and willing. I can't imagine life without James. I know that you will be blessed for your efforts though. Hope you all have a merry christmas! Cherish each moment and soak it all in. That will help to carry you through the next! Love your guys!

Leah's Notes said...

Wow! Having an actual date really makes it real. We knew it was coming alos, but now it seems all the more real. Thank you to both of you for your willingness to serve. Hey, I have a suggestion for a Christmas present. Webcam.
We love you guys.

Mike Alexis & Grayson said...

Oh wow! Ashlie I can't believe how strong you are! I don't think I could handle a situation like that. Steve is such a great guy and we all appreciate the sacrifice he is making to go serve our country! Your family is definitely in our thoughts and prayers! So are you going to stay in Texas? Just know that I'm always here if you need to talk! I will be in Utah for a few weeks over Christmas and would love to see you if you're going to be there.

Megan and Mike Glines said...

It is so great that Steve is so willing to serve in that capacity. I know that what he is doing is right. Just know that he will be in our prayers. I would like to say thank you. I think that not enough soldiers hear that.

Spendlove said...

Steve Good Luck in Irag, I will be praying for you and Ashley while you will be serving our country. Thanks for being willing to do that. Also for being a good friend to Beau, he has really appreciated your listening to him.