We started off the week with Autam being sick with H1N1 AKA swine flu. She was fine all day Saturday but then started running a fever that evening. We stayed home from church hoping she would feel better on Monday. No such luck, she woke up Monday with a fever still. Worst of all Monday was her birthday, we had to cancel her party! Poor thing...last year her birthday was ruined by hurricane Ike, this year swine flu. We did have a little family party just Lauryn, her, and I. She wanted to go to Red Lobster for crab legs(expensive taste already) but I talked her into just buying them from a market here in town. We got home and I steamed them up but she just did not feel well enough to eat them. We had cake, that she sis not eat either, and opened presents. She got a keyboard this year. She starts piano lessons on Thursday.
It is not as bad as the media hyped it up to be last year but it is a pretty nasty virus. Luckily Lauryn and I have managed to not catch it. I have been downing EmergenC packets like crazy and think I will from now on. I cannot get sick while Steve is away!
I think I have mentioned in my blog some of the problems with this old house we bought...one of them being the massive tree out front. Well, we finally decided to get rid of it. I almost cried. It is a shame to cut down a 30 yr old tree! It is also a shame that the(I won't even say what he really is) guy who owned this house before us did not take care of it, having it trimmed properly all along. I got some nasty looks from the neighbours. Mostly from the old guys next door who's vehicles the tree shaded all day! Our bank account is going to give us nasty looks too when we pay the guys who are doing the work!!!
6 years ago



2 comments:
I am so sorry to hear she has been sick!! I hope everything is going well for you now. Talk to you soon.
Poor Autam! It is bad enough being sick, but on her birthday, that's just awful! Hopefully she gets better soon!
Post a Comment